A meeting at school
Just couldn't get up this morning at the tolling of the alarm bells, which worried me as to whether I would be able to do it come Monday. But not anymore after today's meeting at school, which jolted me wide awake mind, body and spirit and got me in the lesson-planning mode. Scary, huh? Granted, it wasn't like any other meeting. We actually had new information to take in. Teachers now have more steps to keep in mind in our classes. Even so, that placed me in the zone. I can sense my mentality changing. Soon I'll be juggling and multi-tasking and constantly thinking and planning for the next week, the next day, the next few minutes. It's exciting but really also nerve wrecking. Actually, I'm significantly less nervous in the classroom, having done this for 5 years now and I know I'll do a good job. Yet still I worry a little. I think worrying just comes with the territory, which is fine, really. I usually tell my students before we do presentations not to focus on being nervous or even try to get rid of it. Focus instead on the task at hand. Nervousness is there to keep you on your toes and help you do a good job. Think of it as an uninvited guest who has a job to do at your event and therefore has to be present. So instruct it to stay put and be quiet while you do your thing. I should listen to my own advice.

Comments
Post a Comment