Fruity chewables! Allergy season is looking up.

I spoke too soon on my last post. As I remember it, barely 12 hours passed after I published the blog when I had a huge allergy attack. It happened in class in the midst of a speaking activity with my students. There I was sneezing, eyes watery, blowing my nose with a wet, disintegrating piece of tissue on one hand and manipulating the CD player with the other. "Ready, guys?" I said, feigning some semblance of normalcy, despite the fact that I felt horrible and out of control. Not wanting to take my meds, I stayed in complete denial until I went to the restroom to grab more paper towels and got a glimpse of myself. My eyes were red and watery, and I looked like I was in pain. By then, my nose had been running in torrents, and I finally gave in to allergy meds.

allergy medsThe same thing happens every year. I resist, denying that i have allergies and hoping I can hold off on the meds until, perchance, I won't need them anymore. Every year, I hope, and every year, I give in, but never until after a powerful allergy attack and never before I look and feel pathetic and out of control.

The good news is that allergy meds are significantly better. When I take them regularly, it's like I don't suffer from hay fever at all, and I feel fine. I remember when allergy meds made you groggy, even the daytime versions. The big brand names come up with new formulas, and the generics, which are pretty much the only kinds I get, follow suit. The new thing for me this year, chewables! Well, orally disintegrating ones that don't need to be taken with water. At first, I thought, huh? Now, I like them a lot. They actually come with a slightly fruity taste. Now, I wonder if someday, having allergies may not be all that bad. Just pop some chewable allergy meds, and you're set for the length of your allergy season. Perhaps next year? Well, don't know about that, but we'll see.

Comments

Popular Posts