50% off after 9

photo:  half price sushi sign at ennju

With one less class in the evening these days, I get to leave work two hours early and head straight to ennju just in time for their half-priced sushi at 9p.m. It's a small, unassuming Japanese place on 17th Street just west of Union Square. I hadn't been there for a good 5 to 6 years, but with this new schedule, I realized I could get there just before the prices dropped and in time to join the small feeding frenzy of customers bending over the display case, trying not to seem like a hog on a tight budget. However, since I usually grab about three packs at a time, it's probably quite obvious.

It's a win-win for both the store and its customers. We get to enjoy some sushi for less, and the store gets to avoid waste and send out a message that their dishes are fresh each day. I don't go as often anymore as about a month ago, when this new schedule started, but it's good to know that this dinner option is there and just off a subway stop on the way home. It's definitely something to be grateful for.

Comments

Popular Posts