We're not too shabby when it comes to composting.



This compost bin appeared in front of our building close to 2 months ago now. What an awesome surprise when I walked out and noticed it one morning. What's even more awesome is that people are actually using it properly. Sure, once in a while, I see something in there that shouldn't be tossed inside--usually some kind of plastic or Styrofoam food container--but for the most part, it's working! :-)

Composting definitely takes some getting used to though. I, myself, still forget not to automatically throw banana peels and the like straight into the garbage. We're definitely learning. What's cool is that people seem to want to make it work, and that's what really matters.

Way to go, NYC! Way to move in the right direction.

What goes inside. Really LIKE how this is so clear. 

I've gotta get me a larger, more proper bin for my food scraps.

Comments

Popular Posts