Aerating off and on to save water



It's been awhile since I used one of these, and I'd completely forgotten about them until my last visit to Maryland when I saw it on my brother's bathroom sink.

It's a faucet aerator, & if you're into saving water or at least not having the water running constantly while you're at the sink, these are such nifty, easy add-ons.  They require no tools. Installing them is a cinch--just a matter of unscrewing the old aerator and screwing on the new one--and they're ready to go!

They're not the most elegant attachments on your tap, I must say, but if you don't like turning the faucet off and on while you're doing dishes, & you feel a sense of guilt whenever you leave the water running, then this contraption is just for you. Simply flip the lever up to hold the water and flip it down to open it up. You can also control the flow by moving the lever partly up or down.

My main complaint is that it holds hot water while you're temporarily stopping the flow, so you usually have to turn down the hot or turn up the cold first before reopening the flow. Otherwise, the water temp would be a bit too hot.

Other than that, it's totally worth the 10 bucks.


Comments

Popular Posts