Being flexible about to-do lists
There are so many things to do & so many things to figure out that I was feeling a bit overwhelmed. Last night, I ended up spending hours just figuring out why something wouldn't work on my computer that I basically had to scrap my to-do list for the evening so I could hit the sack and salvage a few hours of sleep.
I went into the shower stressed but thankfully realized that I did accomplish stuff. I didn't get items on my to-do list done, but I did finally add a page on my blog, fix our homemade contraption that keeps water from our a/c from dropping on the a/c below and into our downstairs neighbor's unit, and came to the conclusion that if my computer can't get the free windows 10 upgrade, it won't be the end of the world.
Lesson learned: We need to get things done, and to-do lists help us move forward efficiently; however, we have to be flexible and comfortable about scrapping our to-do lists when other things need our attention. We're still getting things done. It's not the end of the world. Our to-do list will have to wait. It will still be there tomorrow, and life will go on.

Comments
Post a Comment