All work and no play ...

My library books arrived this past week I'm going through them now for my research project this semester.

I know finding time for hobbies and interests is key to staying sane when we're stressed and swamped, but how do you get to the fun and relaxing stuff when there's not even enough time to get all the necessary work done and that has to take priority?

Well, lately, I've been trying to make time for them when I take breaks. I can't watch a whole movie or hit the beach, but I can at least work on my Russian or Japanese for 15 minutes, do a few reps on my exercise equipment, or write a short blog to flex my writing muscles a bit and polish the rust off some creative neurons.

Sometimes, the issue is making myself stop to take a break. I can go hours when I'm on a roll, and I can even go without food until I've finished one section or chapter, however long that takes. This is what I need to fix, and I think scheduling break times will have to be a must from now on. Then I can do more of this, which I have to say has been therapeutic, as well as mentally stimulating and relaxing all at once. Wish me luck.


Comments

Popular Posts