1st Friday following return to work

I did it! I got through my first week of waking up way too early, managing a full schedule, and racing to hit the sack early enough to get a sufficient amount of sleep. I was successful with the first; I did alright, I guess, with the second but didn't do so well when it came to amount of sleep, expectedly and unfortunately. I averaged 6 hours a night, which was alright, although I did manage 7 hours on Monday, which was great. It definitely could've been worse, so I'm happy and content. Besides, it's Friday!


As far as food, my plan last weekend worked. Last Saturday, I braised pork (don't remember if it was butt or shoulder) in leftover red wine until it was yummy tender, rolled the meat in flour tortillas, and placed them in the freezer for easy grab each morning. Fellow teachers commented positively (I think) on the "exotic" smell coming from the microwave at work. I also soaked some mung bean overnight, boiled it with some braised pork meat and juices and had that for lunch a few days. Really filling, healthy, and satisfying, so I'll probably do the same thing for next week.


Speaking of, next week will be a little more challenging on the food front, as well as the sleep front. Since I will be teaching in the evenings until 8 p.m., I won't be home until 9:30, which means hitting the hay by 11 will be tough. I hope 12 will be doable. The good thing is I won't have to be at work until 10 a.m., which will definitely help. I do consider that extra hour a blessing, as is the added two-hour class in the evening, which will definitely loosen up my extremely tight budget if only just a little. As for food, I'm thinking of wrapping sauteed canned salmon in tortillas this time. We'll see.



Comments

Popular Posts