1st week teaching 8 to 10p.m. classes
Found another article on sleep, a topic I hold dearly and probably take most seriously. This time it's from the New York Times. It mentioned another study that proved the need for us to get 8 hours a night to be fully alert mentally and to function at our best. Like the article from the Harvard Business Review blog, the research cited also showed that a small percentage of us in fact need 9 to 10 hours a night, and as I've mentioned before, I'm sure I belong to this group although 8 hours is usually enough to keep me sufficiently awake and energetic. Well, at least I think so.
This week, I began my 8 to 10pm classes, which meant getting home at around 11:30. With eating and washing dishes and taking a shower and sometimes doing the necessary prep-work for the next day, it was tough to get 6 hours, so I averaged about 5. Six hours is definitely achievable in the future; I just have to fine tune my planning and schedule management. But there's no way it's going to come out of my time in bed. With changes in our schedule at school in two weeks, I may be able to manage 7 hours now and then. Definitely can't wait for that.
As far as food, I found a new technique for a budget-friendly option that's not too bad health-wise. Thank goodness for $1.99 Indian side dishes and sauces at Trader Joe's. One packet can last three servings. Added to some rice and a piece of chicken or some cut-up organic sausages or uncured hotdog, it's quite good and filling. In the afternoon, on my way to the library before my evening classes, I drop by one of a few indian spots I've found for a couple of samosas and some Indian sweets. I've discovered one made of cashews or pistachios; they're not so sweet and really quite good.
Love to blog, Tweet, update my Facebook profile and page, as well as the small guide site. Alas, my schedule is jam-packed. Really need to find one or two extra hours during the day.
[This is post #6.]
This week, I began my 8 to 10pm classes, which meant getting home at around 11:30. With eating and washing dishes and taking a shower and sometimes doing the necessary prep-work for the next day, it was tough to get 6 hours, so I averaged about 5. Six hours is definitely achievable in the future; I just have to fine tune my planning and schedule management. But there's no way it's going to come out of my time in bed. With changes in our schedule at school in two weeks, I may be able to manage 7 hours now and then. Definitely can't wait for that.
As far as food, I found a new technique for a budget-friendly option that's not too bad health-wise. Thank goodness for $1.99 Indian side dishes and sauces at Trader Joe's. One packet can last three servings. Added to some rice and a piece of chicken or some cut-up organic sausages or uncured hotdog, it's quite good and filling. In the afternoon, on my way to the library before my evening classes, I drop by one of a few indian spots I've found for a couple of samosas and some Indian sweets. I've discovered one made of cashews or pistachios; they're not so sweet and really quite good.
Love to blog, Tweet, update my Facebook profile and page, as well as the small guide site. Alas, my schedule is jam-packed. Really need to find one or two extra hours during the day.
[This is post #6.]

Comments
Post a Comment