A new schedule starting at 1
These days, my first class starts at 1pm, so I technically have more time in the morning. In reality, however, I still struggle with getting enough sleep. My last class ends at 10pm, and I get home at around 11. After a little relaxing, a little something to eat before bed, a few things to do before I get ready for work the next day, I'm left with an average of just 6 hours a night. ... but still not bad, since I could always bump it up to 7 if I can afford to do less.
The writing class I'm teaching is going well. (Knock on wood.) Took a good group of 5 to 6 students around the West Village last week and the Metropolitan Museum of Art this week--both excellent little excursions. Even better, this group is more motivated to write. Lost 4 students yesterday, all of whom were set to head back to their country. One of them, a 15-year-old Italian girl, is driving down to Florida all the way to Key West with her family, with a stop at the Outer Banks of North Carolina on the way. I told them I was a little jealous. Love long driving. Can't wait to get behind the wheel again and drive for hours.
![]() |
| Hieroglyphics inside an Egyptian tomb. |
![]() |
| A bas relief in the European wing |



Comments
Post a Comment