Filming orcas up close
This clip is from Discovery's Frozen Planet: Behind the Scenes, which I came across via Jeff Corwin on Facebook.
"What a privilege to feel whale breath on your face," one of the cameramen says.
However, I wonder why the narrator mentions they are lucky these are fish-eating orcas and that diving with the whales wouldn't have been a good idea. I've heard of people safely diving with orcas, which is actually on my bucket list. I hear it's totally fine to be in the water with them, even with the ones who hunt seals. I know they are intelligent animals. Fingers crossed this is, in fact, the case. Love them, but I don't want to be their dinner.
"What a privilege to feel whale breath on your face," one of the cameramen says.
However, I wonder why the narrator mentions they are lucky these are fish-eating orcas and that diving with the whales wouldn't have been a good idea. I've heard of people safely diving with orcas, which is actually on my bucket list. I hear it's totally fine to be in the water with them, even with the ones who hunt seals. I know they are intelligent animals. Fingers crossed this is, in fact, the case. Love them, but I don't want to be their dinner.

Comments
Post a Comment