Making that tea bag go the extra mile, so to speak


I drink a lot of tea. In fact, that's really all I drink. At home, my tea bags get steeped twice, three, even four times. I add water until the tea leaves have nothing left in them and I'm drinking mostly tea-flavored hot water. I hate throwing away tea bags that still have plenty of tea in them. When I'm at a cafe though, I didn't have a choice. I drank my tea, and got rid of it when I was done. The cup with still perfectly good quality tea leaves went straight to the trash. So, I was psyched to come up with a way to get more out of these tea bags. In fact, I still can't believe I didn't think of this much, much earlier.


Can you guess what I do from the photo above? I bring hot water in my tumbler, move the tea bag over while I sit in the cafe getting some work done. When it's time to head out, I take the tea bag out and voila! I have a whole tumbler of good-tasting tea to take with me! It's stupidly simple, stupidly simplistic thinking, but it totally makes me feel like I'm not wasting perfectly good tea, which is an awesome thing. :-)


Comments

Popular Posts