1 down, 3 to go
Just finished the 1st full week following Memorial Day. Now counting down 3 more before the next 3-day weekend on July 4. Really can't wait. I may have to work weekends soon though. It would suck, definitely, but they took away my one-hour class, so I may need to replace it with a Saturday or a Sunday unless they give it back. A major bummer for sure if they don't, but the more I think about it, the more I think it may actually be a blessing. I'll be less stressed during the week and have more time in the mornings. As for working on weekends, well, I don't have a life as it is anyway, and I really need the cash right now. It may actually be a good thing, but we'll see.
Had the first heat wave of the summer this week. The temp peaked on Thursday, June 9, with the heat index going up to 100. Thankfully, the A/C at work functioned perfectly, and thank goodness it lasted only about 3 days. An early evening thunderstorm on Thursday chased the heat away. Several flashes of lighting and rumbles of thunder, some wind gusts, a quick downpour that lasted all but 5 minutes, and off goes the heat as I taught my basic-level class in the evening. Summer is definitely here, but today was significantly cooler.
Finally, finished the worst class I've ever taught. The 2 laziest students squirmed a little--well, one of them significantly more so--as they took the end-of-session test. It was as if they were actually worried about getting a low score. So they searched the dictionary and asked me questions constantly. ... ridiculous and desperate questions that shouldn't be asked during a test. Repeatedly asked classmates, as well, during the test. I just hope I won't see them in my class ever again, the bums. Another student wrote me a note on the test paper about how sorry she was for being a bad student and that she'd been having problems at home and at work. Not a problem, I wrote back. But really, I have no patience for students who have no motivation whatsoever, who squirm and pout at the slightest challenge. Good luck and good riddance!
On a more positive note, I'm supposed to begin the Explore NYC class again for the summer. Let's see how many students and what kind they can round up for the class, but I'm excited about it. It's a writing class, and I've thought of some cool ideas. I just hope the students are up for them.
Had a rainy Saturday today as I did my laundry. The dryer on our side still hasn't been fixed, so I had to walk out to use the one next door. It was only spritzing, but doing so quite heavily--if that makes sense. Always good to have the laundry done.
Had the first heat wave of the summer this week. The temp peaked on Thursday, June 9, with the heat index going up to 100. Thankfully, the A/C at work functioned perfectly, and thank goodness it lasted only about 3 days. An early evening thunderstorm on Thursday chased the heat away. Several flashes of lighting and rumbles of thunder, some wind gusts, a quick downpour that lasted all but 5 minutes, and off goes the heat as I taught my basic-level class in the evening. Summer is definitely here, but today was significantly cooler.
Finally, finished the worst class I've ever taught. The 2 laziest students squirmed a little--well, one of them significantly more so--as they took the end-of-session test. It was as if they were actually worried about getting a low score. So they searched the dictionary and asked me questions constantly. ... ridiculous and desperate questions that shouldn't be asked during a test. Repeatedly asked classmates, as well, during the test. I just hope I won't see them in my class ever again, the bums. Another student wrote me a note on the test paper about how sorry she was for being a bad student and that she'd been having problems at home and at work. Not a problem, I wrote back. But really, I have no patience for students who have no motivation whatsoever, who squirm and pout at the slightest challenge. Good luck and good riddance!
On a more positive note, I'm supposed to begin the Explore NYC class again for the summer. Let's see how many students and what kind they can round up for the class, but I'm excited about it. It's a writing class, and I've thought of some cool ideas. I just hope the students are up for them.
Had a rainy Saturday today as I did my laundry. The dryer on our side still hasn't been fixed, so I had to walk out to use the one next door. It was only spritzing, but doing so quite heavily--if that makes sense. Always good to have the laundry done.

Comments
Post a Comment