4 weeks to the next 3-day weekend!
The long Memorial Day weekend came and went a week ago. Then the short, 4-day work week followed suit. Now, I have to face 4 full work weeks until the next 3-day weekend comes around on July 4--how awesome to have the 4th fall on a Monday this year! Definitely ready for another long weekend a month from now. Awesome!
The day trip to City Island for Memorial Day weekend got cancelled. Both the gf and I had so much to do, so we decided to stay closer to home to keep the later part of the weekend from getting too hectic. We went shopping instead. Well, mostly window and comparison shopping. In the end, there still wasn't enough time to get everything done, but the weekend turned out to be productive and relaxing enough.
Next week, I finish the worst class I've had to teach ever. The reason is a combination of a few things: the book, the students, their level, the time schedule, maybe even the teacher. Bottom line, none of the factors mentioned above were a good match for each other, and it just didn't work. I hope my next class will be loads better. ... but I can only hope. But before all that, I have the weekend! 2 days to catch up on projects with no laundry to do or A/C to install. 2 days to rest and recharge. I do have to make a trip to the storage, but that in itself is relaxing because it's to store and pick up stuff in preparation for summer, which is slowly inching its way in.
The day trip to City Island for Memorial Day weekend got cancelled. Both the gf and I had so much to do, so we decided to stay closer to home to keep the later part of the weekend from getting too hectic. We went shopping instead. Well, mostly window and comparison shopping. In the end, there still wasn't enough time to get everything done, but the weekend turned out to be productive and relaxing enough.
Next week, I finish the worst class I've had to teach ever. The reason is a combination of a few things: the book, the students, their level, the time schedule, maybe even the teacher. Bottom line, none of the factors mentioned above were a good match for each other, and it just didn't work. I hope my next class will be loads better. ... but I can only hope. But before all that, I have the weekend! 2 days to catch up on projects with no laundry to do or A/C to install. 2 days to rest and recharge. I do have to make a trip to the storage, but that in itself is relaxing because it's to store and pick up stuff in preparation for summer, which is slowly inching its way in.
As far as food, I haven't gotten tired of peanut butter and honey sandwiches yet, so they're perfect as a snack at breaktime. The gf packed my lunch this week from yummy stuff she'd cooked--much appreciated. I had a dollar menu chicken sandwich one night after class; I couldn't resist. I guess it's alright now and then.
Having a nice cup of tea as I finalize this post. Sometimes, there's nothing better than a nice cup of hot tea.
Having a nice cup of tea as I finalize this post. Sometimes, there's nothing better than a nice cup of hot tea.

Comments
Post a Comment